Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Joe Sharkey on TV

Mr. Sharkey, you are absolutely right about the enormous mess in pretty much all the brazilian airports these days. The brazilian government has been incompetent and irresponsible with this matter.
Now, I am sorry for going back to that horrible accident between Gol and Legacy aircrafts. Something else happened on the day you survived that accident. I know there is a lot of controversy involved, but you try to protect those two pilots like your president tries to protect the 'heroes' who are right now killing hundreds of innocent people in Iraq. Let the facts speak. The two pilots WILL NOT go to jail if they are innocent. It's true that they were held in Brazil for many days, but I wonder what would have happened if the accident had happened in the States and those pilots were from another country. But there is something else that I would like to point out, if I may: I still remember seeing you giving a happy interview to ABC or CBS or another one of these ultra-crappy TV networks in the US IMMEDIATELY after that tragedy that killed over a hundred people. Tell us, we need to know, how much did they pay you to do that? Obviously these networks couldn't care LESS about human beings, but still, you could have said "NO, not now". It sounded like the whole thing was just another adventure film. It sounded like it was just bad luck that those people got killed, but thanks to the good God things were fine and the show had to continue. Unfortunately, I saw your interview and it made me want to throw up. Life is a continuous learning curve. I wish you well, but I would like you to admit that your interview was totally inappropriate and insensitive.
Regards, Carlos

No comments: